Medical Gas Supplies | Level 2 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Medical Gas Supplies training course for front-line healthcare and social care providers.
Medical gas supply systems in hospitals and other healthcare facilities are utilised to supply specialised gases and gas mixtures to various parts of the facility. Medical gases are widely used throughout hospital and community settings.
To ensure that medical gases are used safely, healthcare professionals need to be trained in the correct method of handling, setting up and using medical gas equipment. This helps to ensure that medical gases are safely administered to patients following the approved procedure. Health and social care organisations will also be meeting the legislative and regulatory requirements set out by UK authorities.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Medical Gas Supplies training course was developed for those who routinely use medical gases in clinical environments, including:
- General practitioners
- Pre-hospital workers
- Allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Registered nurses and midwives, and
- Health and social care support workers
- Porters and maintenance staff.
What is covered in this course?
This Medical Gas Supplies e-learning course includes the following:
- Introduction to medical gas supplies,
- Medical gas pressure units,
- Liquid oxygen storage systems,
- Vacuum insulated evaporation,
- Types of medical gases:
- Nitrous oxide,
- Medical gas pipelines,
- Oxygen pipelines and outlets,
- Probe and socket systems,
- NIST connectors,
- Medical gas cylinders,
- Oxygen cylinder fittings,
- Bodok cylinder seal,
- Oxygen cylinder pin indexing,
- Bull nose oxygen cylinders,
- How to change an oxygen cylinder,
- Oxygen cylinder sizes,
- Safe storage and transportation of oxygen cylinders.
This online Medical Gas Supplies training course was developed to help healthcare professionals understand the legislative requirements to meet UK safety requirements.
This online Medical Gas Supplies training course introduces the essentials of the storage and delivery of medical gases used in healthcare settings. By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the different types of medical gas supply systems,
- Explain how to use medical gas pipelines and cylinders safely,
- Accurately describe the capacity and usage of standard oxygen cylinder sizes,
- Explain how to prevent pipeline and cylinder misconnections,
- Describe the steps involved in changing an oxygen gas cylinder, and
- Ensure that you get the necessary additional training and assessment in line with local policies and procedures.
Why is this online Medical Gas Supplies course important?
The gases used in hospitals and other healthcare and community care settings include oxygen, air and nitrous oxide. An understanding of how to use them is an essential part of being a safe medical or healthcare practitioner.
There are many safeguards built into modern medical gas supply systems to reduce the chances of accidents from medical gases occurring. Despite these, it is still possible to deliver gases of dangerous composition and pressures to patients.