2 CPD Points/Hours
Internet enabled device
What is mandatory training?
“Mandatory training is the compulsory training that is required, based upon the responsibilities of doctors, AHPs, nurses and care workers to work in a safe manner. The training modules in the mandatory courses are delivered at different levels, as appropriate to meet the needs of the individual roles and responsibilities”
E-learning course description
This candidate mandatory training e learning package covers the main points relating to the CQC recommendations and CSTF learning outcomes. The online courses have additional elearning materials, which provide more learning resources for learners to refer to and apply to practice.
Aims of these candidate mandatory e-learning courses
The aims of these e-learning mandatory training courses are to:
- Improve learners’ awareness of applicable legislation and guidelines
- Provide health and social care staff with relevant learning resources to work safely and provide adequate patient care
- Support care workers, nurses, allied health professionals, locum doctors and agency staff with mandatory training requirement
- Provide mandatory training content that is up to date and evidence based
“Each of the 15 e-learning mandatory training courses provides adequate learning resources as recommended by UK regulators”
Course aims and objectives
The objectives of this candidate mandatory training package are to:
- Provide essential e-learning mandatory training resources in an interactive and informative format
- Present adequate e learning resources which provides a quick reference while completing the course and apply afterwards within your work environment
- Relevant knowledge based end of course assessments
- FREE CPD certificate generated on successful completion of online course
- Interactive blended learning environment (BLE) for organisations and individuals
Learning outcomes of these online candidate mandatory training courses
This e-learning mandatory training course package provides 15 fundamental online CPD modules that are required for healthcare and social care staff as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH Regulations) Course
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) Course
- Food Hygiene/Food Safety Awareness Course
- Basic Life Support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) Course
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Course
- Safeguarding Children Course
- Information Governance (including Caldicott Principles & Data Protection) Course
- Conflict Resolution Course
- Complaints Handling Course
- Lone Working Awareness Course
This package also includes the following FREE online courses :
- FREE safeguarding adults online course
- FREE health and safety online course
- FREE fire safety online course
- FREE infection prevention and control online course
- FREE manual handling online course
- FREE moving and handling online course
Assessment and certification
At the end of this e-learning mandatory training course, learners will be required to complete an online knowledge assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this e-learning mandatory training courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about health care and social care environments
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
The Ad Vitam Learning’s e-learning mandatory training courses should be completed by all health care, allied health professionals (AHPs) and social care staff. This includes voluntary and unpaid staff working in NHS hospitals and private hospitals, locum medical doctors, locum AHPs, nursing staff, agency workers and support workers.
These online statutory and mandatory courses can also be completed by health and social care support workers, including those who work for a residential homes, nursing homes, charities and care home staff.