Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards | Intermediate Level | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards courses package for healthcare and social care support workers.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
The Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards courses is available for all care workers, healthcare assistants and social care support workers:-
- Who are new to the workplace or new to care (within the first 12 weeks), and
- Or existing staff requiring refresher training,
Designed with non-regulated workers in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same induction – learning the same skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high-quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is the start of the career journey and is only one element of the training and education that will make them ready to practice within their specific sector.
Although the Care Certificate is designed for new staff, it also offers opportunities for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge. If you are inducting a new manager, visit our Manager Induction Standards page instead.
For CQC regulated providers, the Care Certificate is expected of care workers joining health and social care since April 2015. The CQC Inspector Briefing highlights how they look for evidence in their inspections.
All healthcare and social care staff should complete our online care certificate training courses. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
What is covered in this course?
This online Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards bundle covers the following standards:
- Care Certificate Standard 1. Understand your role
- Care Certificate Standard 2. Your personal development
- Care Certificate Standard 3. Duty of care
- Care Certificate Standard 4. Equality and diversity
- Care Certificate Standard 5. Work in a person-centred way
- Care Certificate Standard 6. Communication
- Care Certificate Standard 7. Privacy and dignity
- Care Certificate Standard 8. Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate Standard 9. Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Care Certificate Standard 10. Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care Certificate Standard 11. Safeguarding children
- Care Certificate Standard 12. Basic life support
- Care Certificate Standard 13. Health and safety
- Care Certificate Standard 14. Handling information
- Care Certificate Standard 15. Infection prevention and control
The aims and objectives of these online Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards courses are to prepare those who are new to the care sector to their roles. Learners will also improve their understanding of the various legislation and regulations that govern the health and social care sectors.
On completion of this online Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards courses package, the learner will have a good understanding of the following standards:
- Understand your role,
- Your personal development,
- Duty of care,
- Equality and diversity,
- Work in a person-centred way,
- Privacy and dignity,
- Fluids and nutrition,
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability,
- Safeguarding adults,
- Safeguarding children,
- Basic life support,
- Health and safety,
- Handling information, and
- Infection prevention and control.
Why is Care Certificate Training Courses – 15 Standards essential?
Following the recommendations of the Cavendish Report 2013, The Care Certificate was introduced to:
- Build on and replace the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS), and
- Set out specific learning outcomes, competencies and standards that will ensure caring and compassionate quality of care.
The Care Certificate delivers public confidence in the provision of healthcare services and sets out a benchmark to which standards can be assessed.