Sepsis Management | Level 3 | Online Training Course | CPDUK Accredited | Instant Course Access | Includes Assessment & Certificate | Instant Certificate Download.
Welcome to our online Sepsis Management training course for front-line healthcare and social care professionals. Identifying and managing sepsis in primary care and secondary care is an essential measure in reducing deaths from sepsis across the UK.
The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) reported that 70% of sepsis cases develop within primary care settings. This sepsis management e-learning course addresses the high-risk areas for the early identification and management of sepsis. This Sepsis Management e-learning course is meant for all clinical staff that work in primary care and hospital settings.
Certificate duration: 2 years
Entry requirements: No entry restrictions
Recommended prerequisites: N/A
Assessment type: End of course assessment
Assessment pass mark – 80% needed to pass and gain a CPD certificate
Cost(s) of assessment and certification – All costs included in the course price
Awarding/Accrediting body – CPD Certification Service (CPDUK)
Who is the course for?
This online Sepsis Management training course was developed for frontline healthcare professionals, including:
- General practitioners,
- Pre-hospital workers,
- Allied health professionals (AHPs),
- Registered nurses and midwives, and
- Health and social care support workers.
What is covered in this course?
This online Sepsis Management training course includes the following:
- Why is this course important?
- Statistics and critical facts about sepsis
- Relevant legislation and regulatory framework
- What is sepsis?
- Sepsis, septicaemia and blood poisoning
- Who is at risk of sepsis?
- How to spot sepsis
- Sepsis symptoms in children under five
- Sepsis symptoms in older children and adults
- Vital signs (clinical observations)
- Septic shock
- When to get medical help
- Causes of sepsis
- Sources of infection
- What causes the symptoms of sepsis?
- How does the infection spread?
- People at risk of sepsis
- Diagnosis and treatment of sepsis
- Initial management of sepsis
- Tests to diagnose sepsis
- Treatments for sepsis
- Emergency treatment
- Antibiotics treatment for sepsis
- Types of antibiotics
- Viral infections
- Intravenous fluids
- Oxygen therapy
- Treating the source of infection
- Increasing blood pressure
- Other treatments for sepsis
- Recovering from sepsis.
This online Sepsis Management training course aims to improve healthcare professionals’ awareness of, diagnosis and management of patients with sepsis.
On completion of this online Sepsis Management training course, learners will be able to:
- Know what sepsis is,
- Know who is at risk of sepsis,
- Identify and initiate appropriate sepsis treatment plans,
- Know how to spot sepsis in children and adults,
- Identify patients at risk of deteriorating and escalate their care,
- Know the causes and symptoms of sepsis,
- Know the national guidelines for treating sepsis, and
- Refer to local policies and procedures relating to management os sepsis.
Why is this online Sepsis Management training essential?
According to NHS England, 123,000 cases of sepsis occur in England each year with approximately 37,000 deaths annually. Sepsis deaths are higher than breast, bowel and prostate cancers combined. Prompt recognition of sepsis and rapid intervention will help to reduce the number of deaths occurring annually.
The early identification and management of sepsis in primary care, pre-hospital care and secondary care settings are essential. This sepsis management online training course was developed for healthcare professionals so that they improve their awareness of, diagnosis and management of patients with sepsis.