Social Media In The Workplace Training
Social Media in the Workplace – Online Training Course & Certification
We are being flooded with social media invitations and updates. Web-based communication icons like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn are dominating the way we interact with each other. People are feeling the need to be updated at all times. It has become a time eater, and businesses are quickly becoming aware of the drain it can have on productivity. People love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (6-12 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification – Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – IAOTS Accredited/CPD Standards
Understanding social media is about communicating the right way. We are beginning to communicate more through electronic means than face to face. Talking on a phone has been replaced more and more with SMS (texting.) Social media channels are becoming the main form of communication and participants will realise how social media and the workplace can work together.
The objectives of this social media and the workplace online course are to:
- Learn the meaning of social media
- Learn different ways social media is used and altered
- Build and maintain a social media policy
- Keeping your social media secure
- Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
- Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
In what ways can social media be helpful in the workplace?
Tweeting inappropriate memes. Instagramming lunches. Facebooking a few office selfies.
These are the events companies fear will flood their workplaces if they let employees use social media on the job. Unfortunately, for businesses that ban the use of social media in the workplace, it is likely your employees are using it regardless of your policy.
According to the Pew Research Center, 77 percent of workers reported they use social media while on the job. This data shows that while you may think your company is doing a good job curbing social media use in the workplace, it is likely not.
Employers should limit the time and energy they spend on stopping employees from using social media in the workplace. Instead, they need to focus on how they can channel social media use to benefit their employees.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device. You can study at work or at home, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 6-12 hours recommended study time
- 1 year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
- Lectures 68
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 51
- Assessments Yes